BLASTmedia is an equal opportunity employer that believes a diverse and inclusive set of thoughts and perspectives creates better business outcomes and better humans — all are valued and welcome to apply. Please feel free to note which pronouns you use in the application questions section (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, etc).
BLASTmedia’s account coordinator is a PR-focused role that allows professionals new to the field to work directly with clients and account teams. This entry-level position supports an account team with research, writing and reporting, and media relations while learning client industries and agency best practices.
Location: Indianapolis area
What You'll Get to Do
- Train with various members of the agency on PR tools and tactics, including those that support client and agency communication, media relations and content development
- Support media relations campaigns by developing and managing press lists and drafting corresponding pitches
- Develop and manage speaking and award lists for clients
- Manage monitoring for and report on secured media coverage using various media monitoring tools
- Participate regularly as part of client calls, meetings, and other client-agency conversations
What You'll Need
- 1+ years of prior internship and/or work experience in PR and/or media relations
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or a related field
- Basic knowledge of the editorial process and how stories get published
- The ability to work both independently and as part of multiple teams throughout the agency
- Experience working efficiently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with a command of grammar and AP style
- A positive attitude and eagerness to seek out feedback
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience working at or on behalf of a SaaS or other B2B technology brand
- Agency or marketing department experience
What is SaaS?
Not too familiar with SaaS? It’s no problem — many of us were in your shoes when we started at BLASTmedia. Here’s what you need to know:
- SaaS stands for software-as-a-service
- The SaaS delivery model is where software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted on external servers in the cloud (not hosted in servers on-premise). SaaS products can be accessed from any device with an internet connection and a web browser
- Well-known SaaS companies you’ve probably heard of include Salesforce, Zoom, and Slack
- SaaS is a huge market, and growing at a rapid pace, with more than 15,000 SaaS companies globally and 80% of businesses using at least one SaaS application. SaaS delivery of software will significantly outpace traditional software product delivery, growing nearly five times faster than the traditional software market
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document.