BLASTmedia is an equal opportunity employer that believes a diverse and inclusive set of thoughts and perspectives creates better business outcomes and better humans — all are valued and welcome to apply. Please feel free to note which pronouns you use after your name in your application (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, etc).
BLASTmedia is currently looking for high-energy and creative students to join our team for the fall 2021 semester. Our ideal team member is a self-starter, writer and thinker, passionate about driving results and comfortable taking initiative. This position reports to a PR manager and will work across teams and client accounts.
Our open office environment and team structure provide a challenging, fun and highly-energetic work culture inclusive of a stocked fridge with drinks and snacks. This position is part-time (10-15 hours per week) and paid hourly, with a flexible schedule to be determined based on the student’s college course load.
What You’ll Get to Do
- Train with various members of the agency on numerous PR tools and tactics, including those that support client and agency communication, media relations and content development
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with internal team members
- Assist your account team in identifying editorial opportunities using various research tactics and tools, including editorial calendars and HARO
- Monitor and provide intelligence reports about industries our clients serve
- Build press lists for specific pitching initiatives using multiple media databases
- Search for and report on secured media coverage using various media monitoring tools
- Collaborate on social media projects, including drafting content for Twitter and LinkedIn
- Work with the team to create briefing sheets to support clients during interviews
- Join meetings and client-agency conversations to better understand the relationship between a client and an agency
What You’ll Need
- The ability to work both independently and as part of multiple teams throughout the agency
- Experience working efficiently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with a command of grammar and AP style
- A positive attitude and eagerness to seek out feedback
- To be a college junior or senior