As a PR manager, you will have the opportunity to interact and build relationships with national and trade media, as well as client contacts from a variety of SaaS brands across the country.
In this role, you will own and execute PR projects on behalf of clients, including media outreach and the development of press releases and other content used to fulfill editorial requests from national and trade media outlets. You’ll also work with a team to advise clients, providing strategies for building thought leadership and securing media coverage.
What You’ll Get to Do
- Train with various members of the agency on PR tools and tactics, including those that support client and agency communication, media relations and content development
- Work with a team to develop PR plans that support clients' business objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Execute media relations campaigns including pitching trade and national media by email and phone
- Ghostwrite articles on behalf of client thought leaders and place those pieces with the media
- Draft or oversee the drafting of speaking and award submissions for clients
- Manage monitoring for and report on secured media coverage using various media monitoring tools
- Develop relationships with clients, lead client calls, meetings and other client-agency conversations
What You’ll Need
- Understanding of the PR process and how to secure media coverage
- The ability to work both independently and as part of multiple teams throughout the agency
- Experience working efficiently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with a command of grammar and AP style
- A positive attitude and eagerness to seek out feedback
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or a related field
- 3+ years of prior work experience in PR and/or media relations
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience working at or on behalf of a SaaS or other B2B technology brand
- Agency experience
Established in 2005, BLASTmedia is the only PR agency in the US dedicated to B2B SaaS, representing companies in all growth stages — from startup to publicly traded. BLASTmedia understands the challenges associated with scaling a SaaS business and uses media coverage and thought leadership campaigns to impact four primary pillars: investors, employees, partners and customers.
Our open office environment and team structure provide a challenging, fun and highly-energetic work culture inclusive of a stocked fridge with drinks and snacks